Monday, May 3, 2010

I'M A HOMEOWNER!!!

So, I just closed on my first house and I'm SO thrilled! It's a 1954 Ranch in great condition, but its in need of some updating. My mom and I are taking on these updates as a project together and we decided to keep a blog to keep everyone updated on our progress. The first project is the bathroom. Here are the before pictures:

The floor tile is definitely the best part of this bathroom. I've never seen tile like it and it's in absolutely impeccable condition. The color theme for the house is black, white and grey with each room having a different accent color. For the bathroom, green is the accent.



We're told that the wall tile is original to the house. It's also in amazing condition. However, I'm not really crazy about the green splatter paint look. So, we're having the tile painted with a special paint by our good friend, Bill.







Bill is also going to remove the door on the medicine cabinet and we're buying a mirror that will hang over the cabinet and cover it up. It's installed into the tile, so removing it altogether was out of the question. We're also replacing the light fixture.


Bill is also refinishing the tub to get rid of all the nasty stains in it. We are also replacing the vanity and the toilet. More tomorrow! With more pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment