Tuesday, May 4, 2010

bathroom!!

Much progress has been made in The Starter House since Monday morning. Here are some before and afters:

Remember the stained bathtub?

Now, it's a pristine white!


And the splatter green tile?

White, too!

We painted the walls tonight before Bill installs the vanity, toilet, mirror and light fixture tomorrow. Mom and Dad were both there to help.


I think the finished product looks pretty darn classy, if I do say so myself.

Now, I mentioned the vanity. We had this lovely little Shaker vanity all picked out for the space. It fits with the color scheme, I love the style and it was 6 inches less deep than the existing vanity which was going to save me some room in the small bathroom. Isn't it so cute?
well, unfortunately, we came across a little surprise:

there's no flooring under the vanity!!! which means we had to find a vanity that was the exact same dimensions as the existing vanity. Luckily, we found one:

I like this one just as well, it's in the same price range and will cover the gaping hole in the floor.

We also picked a mirror that will hang over (and cover up) the medicine cabinet.
...and a new light!

More pictures to come!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment